The 8th Malaysian PM, Tan Sri Mahiaddin Hj Yasin, despite being sick and frail, has checkmated Dato Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi, the 8th UMNO President by appointing Dato Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob as the Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister and Dato Seri Hishamuddin Tun Hussein Onn as the Senior Minister in charge of the Safety Cluster and assist the PM in the National Recovery Plan.
As we know, Dato Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi despite being UMNO’s current President does not really have the clout to dictate to the Cabinet Ministers who are from UMNO to resign their posts immediately.
He has 47 court cases to his name which have yet to be tried and this situation sort of steals the thunder from his voice. Now that Ismail Sabri is officially the Deputy Prime Minister and Hishamuddin the Senior Minister, would they be willing to throw it all away just to appease Zahid Hamidi? I don’t think so.
When one has not been cleared and absolved of all these charges, it really renders whatever proclamations from the office of UMNO’s presidency null and void. He may say that the UMNO Supreme Council or Highest Working Committee has unanimously voted for UMNO to withdraw it’s support for the PN led Federal Government headed by Mahiaddin, chances are that not one of the current UMNO Cabinet Ministers will quit.
There are currently nine UMNO ministers and five deputy ministers in the Cabinet.
- UMNO Vice President, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob (Deputy Prime Minister /Minister of Defence;
- Ketereh Member of Parliament, Tan Sri Annuar Musa (Federal Territory Minister);
- Lenggong Member of Parliament, Datuk Seri Dr Shamsul Anuar Nasarah (Minister of Energy and Natural Resources);
- UMNO Wanita Chief, Datuk Seri Dr Noraini Ahmad (Minister of Higher Education);
- Kepala Batas Member of Parliament, Datuk Seri Reezal Merican Naina Merican (Minister of Youth and Sports);
- Sembrong Member of Parliament, Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein (Foreign Minister / Senior Minister (Security);
- Rembau Member of Parliament, Khairy Jamaluddin (Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation / COVID 19 Vaccination Program);
- Kota Tinggi Member of Parliament, Datuk Halimah Mohamed Sadique (Minister of National Unity) and
- Tenggara Member of Parliament, Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba (Minister of Health).
The five deputy ministers from UMNO are:
- Kuala Kangsar Member of Parliament, Datuk Mastura Yazid (Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department);
- Kuala Krau Member of Parliament, Datuk Seri Dr Ismail Mohamed Said (Deputy Home Minister);
- Padang Besar Member of Parliament, Datuk Zahidi Zainul Abidin (Deputy Minister of Communications and Multimedia);
- Jasin Member of Parliament, Datuk Seri Ahmad Hamzah (Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Food Industry) and
- Lipis Member of Parliament, Datuk Abdul Rahman Mohamad (Deputy Minister of Rural Development).
Do you think any of them will quit their posts due to Zahid’s stating UMNO is withdrawing support for PM Tan Sri Mahiaddin led PN Malaysian Federal Government?
No Way Jose!
Malaysian politicians are not known to easily vacate their seats of power. An exception can be made when it comes to fickle minded 95 years old, 4th & 7th Malaysian PM, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad and the ‘Black Shoes‘ former PH Education Minister, Dr. Mazlee Malik, who threw in the towel after the political arena got too hot for them to handle.
I remember how back in 2009, even the Pakatan Rakyat Perak State Assembly Speaker V. Sivakumar refused to vacate his position when they lost power as a result of the crossover of 3 of their MPs to the BN or supported BN.
Here is a video of then 6th Malaysian Prime Minister Dato Seri Najib Tun Razak announcing that the BN can now form the new Perak State Government.
Former Pakatan Rakyat Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohd Nizar recollected how things took place during the takeover of the Perak State Assembly by the BN.
Speaker Sivakumar created history when he called for a State Assembly sitting under a tree when he and 28 other Pakatan Rakyat Assemblymen were barred from entering the Perak Darul Ridzuan Complex where the Perak State Assembly Hall is located.
The exasperated Pakatan Rakyat Speaker and 27 PR Assemblymen then held an impromptu State Assembly sitting outside similar to what P. Ramlee had once depicted in his comedy film, Laksamana Do Re Mi. Kerajaan Negara Pasir Dua Butir. Watch:
Things are really turning into a joke here in our country. We have the most unscrupulous corrupt politicians, jumping ship like rats scurrying from sinking ships like nobody’s business.
Zahid Hamid’s ultimatum for UMNO /BN MPs to resign their ministerial posts was simply ignored by all 9 Ministers and 5 Deputy Ministers. His attempt to force Mahiaddin to call it a day fizzled out on him and evaporated into thin air.
In fact, UMNO Supreme Council Member Puad Zarkashi, who had been calling upon UMNO MPs and Cabinet Ministers to quit their posts and withdraw support for PM Mahiaddin lately made a U-Turn and declared that all UMNO MPs and Ministers plus Deputy Ministers will continue to support the PN Federal Government till the next GE!
So fickle minded! And they have the audacity to call themselves as our country’s leaders!
Our newly appointed Deputy Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob reminded all politicians irrespective of their parties to focus on helping their constituents to survive the economic impact of the continuing COVID 19 MCO Lockdowns as each of the 222 Members of Parliament have been allocated RM300,000.00 to provide essential aid for the suffering people.
Timely call. Now is not the time to be politicking. Time to close ranks and save the nation.