Sūra 2: Baqara, or the Heifer
Section 23 (183-188)
183. O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that ye may (learn) self-restraint,–
184. Ayyaman maAAdoodatin faman kana minkum mareedan aw AAala safarin faAAiddatun min ayyamin okhara waAAala allatheena yuteeqoonahu fidyatun taAAamu miskeenin faman tatawwaAAa khayran fahuwa khayrun lahu waan tasoomoo khayrun lakum in kuntum taAAlamoona
184. (Fasting) for a fixed number of days; but if any of you is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed number (Should be made up) from days later. For those who can do it (With hardship), is a ransom, the feeding of one that is indigent. But he that will give more, of his own free will,–it is better for him. And it is better for you that ye fast, if ye only knew.
185. Shahru ramadana allathee onzila feehi alqur-anu hudan lilnnasi wabayyinatin mina alhuda waalfurqani faman shahida minkumu alshshahra falyasumhu waman kana mareedan aw AAala safarin faAAiddatun min ayyamin okhara yureedu Allahu bikumu alyusra wala yureedu bikumu alAAusra walitukmiloo alAAiddata walitukabbiroo Allaha AAala ma hadakum walaAAallakum tashkuroona
185. Ramadhan is the (month) in which was sent down the Qur’an, as a guide to mankind, also clear (Signs) for guidance and judgment (Between right and wrong). So every one of you who is present (at his home) during that month should spend it in fasting, but if any one is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed period (Should be made up) by days later. God intends every facility for you; He does not want to put to difficulties. (He wants you) to complete the prescribed period, and to glorify Him in that He has guided you; and perchance ye shall be grateful.
186. When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.
187. Ohilla lakum laylata alssiyami alrrafathu ila nisa-ikum hunna libasun lakum waantum libasun lahunna AAalima Allahu annakum kuntum takhtanoona anfusakum fataba AAalaykum waAAafa AAankum faal-ana bashiroohunna waibtaghoo ma kataba Allahu lakum wakuloo waishraboo hatta yatabayyana lakumu alkhaytu al-abyadu mina alkhayti al-aswadi mina alfajri thumma atimmoo alssiyama ila allayli wala tubashiroohunna waantum AAakifoona fee almasajidi tilka hudoodu Allahi fala taqrabooha kathalika yubayyinu Allahu ayatihi lilnnasi laAAallahum yattaqoona
187. Permitted to you, on the night of the fasts, is the approach to your wives. They are your garments and ye are their garments. God knoweth what ye used to do secretly among yourselves; but He turned to you and forgave you; so now associate with them, and seek what God Hath ordained for you, and eat and drink, until the white thread of dawn appear to you distinct from its black thread; then complete your fast Till the night appears; but do not associate with your wives while ye are in retreat in the mosques. Those are Limits (set by) God. Approach not nigh thereto. Thus doth God make clear His Signs to men: that they may learn self-restraint.
188. And do not eat up your property among yourselves for vanities, nor use it as bait for the judges, with intent that ye may eat up wrongfully and knowingly a little of (other) people’s property.
Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
Day after tomorrow, Insya Allah, we will begin our fasts in the most blessed of months of the Islamic Calendar, Ramadan 1430 AH.
We are blessed to be still able to fast and purify our body and soul in preparation to face Allah when our time is up.
It saddens me remembering Allahyarham Ustaz Mohd Asri bin Ibrahim from the Nasyeed Group Rabbani who passed away recently at the young age of 40 years old.
He was a good man. An excellent qari and gifted singer who could drive us to tears with his melodious voice which we can now only get to listen to through his various recordings in the form of dvd’s, vcd’s and cassettes plus mp3’s, mp4’s, etc.
Allahyarham Ustaz Asri Rabbani won’t be with us anymore but his greatness and legendary contributions to our nation’s Islamic media will forever remain as a legacy and heritage of the one with the quivering chin.
May Allah bless his soul with Jannatul Firdaus. Ameen.
Dear Ikhwanul Muslimin na wal Muslimat, Mukminin na wal Mukminat!
I seek your forgiveness for any wrong that I might have done to you in the course of my entire blogging experience.
I pray that each and every one of you will be blessed with the best of Iman, health and wealth during the coming blessed days and nights.
I wish you all the very best Ramadan that you could ever have and pray that Our Lord and Master, Allah Ar Rahman Ar Raheem will forgive us of our sins, purify our hearts and minds from all that isn’t good for us and redeem us with our Amals and Ibadah which we have carried out all these while and accept our Fastings as our efforts to live up to our Syahadahs as being His humble servants befitting our stands that ‘There is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is His Messenger!’.
Ramadan al Mubarak to you all!