Lately, the entire nation has been witnessing a stressful, traumatic turn of events by a group of people who have one collective desire being none other than to interfere, dictate to and demolish the basic rights of Muslims to practice our Faith in peace and harmony under the guise of advocating human rights and so on.
These people comprise of different ethnicities, creed and have their own personal and social agendas albeit there are even those who call themselves as Muslims in this coalition grouping.
Malaysia as a nation is quite unique actually. This country is known for the subtleness of its people and the general well mannered and docile citizens that the world has ever seen save for a few incidents that rocked the boat for a while and sort of stirred the stillwaters but eventually , as Malaysians are famous for, the disturbances and emotions will quickly simmer down and everyone would be just minding their own business and ‘pretend’ not to bother.
The main fear of course is being visited by certain members of authority in the deep of the night and bundled off to a well known R & R under the authorities expense and held indefinitely keeping one’s passion and gung ho spirit of adventurism within the confines of a holding pen overlooking the quartz ridge of Banjaran Titiwangsa.
But recently, some folks find it tiresome to live in abject peace and harmony ; thus feel it is time to rock the boat once again, albeit this time for a ’cause’ that they have conjured up within their own restless hearts and minds.
They claim that the Malaysian Government has taken away their rights to practice their own faiths and that this country has been turned into an Islamic state! Really? That is news to me .
Ahh…they must be referring to our former premier’s claim and declaration that Malaysia is an Islamic State!
I understand their fears for if Malaysia is actually turned into an Islamic Nation in the real sense, woe betide all of them who live contrary to the rule of Shari’ah based upon the Commandments of Allah in the Holy Qur’an!
They can’t go around enjoying themselves as they do now. No more casinos, beer breweries, gambling dens, prostitution, partying all nite and day long, promiscuous behaviour in public, freedom of this, freedom of that, churches, temples, gurdwaras, etc will cease to exist, etcetera and everyone will have to toe the line as they have in Iran and Saudi Arabia!
Surely, that can’t be allowed! No way Jose! We will fight! We will protest! We will hold forums! We will hold conferences! We will have petitions against this turning Malaysia into an Islamic State!
It’s amazing what these people are conjuring up for themselves and driving themselves nuts and into a frenzy fueled further by the participation of ‘Muslims’ who advocate a more ‘liberal’ sense of Islam according to what they delude themselves to be the ‘right and fair’ ways to ‘practice’ Islam!
This is what I perceive this ‘Article 11’ grouping to be based upon my observations and conclusion that Tun Dr.Mahathir’s unfounded ‘Declaration of Malaysia as being an Islamic State’ in the truest sense of it.
The recent court cases about the lives of certain Hindus turned Muslims issues and the consequential rulings of the cases, have further scared these people to do what they did and still intend to do in the near future no matter that the current Malaysian PM Abdullah Badawi has asked that the matter be laid to rest and the issue of the proposed formation of the IFC being championed by the Malaysian Council of Christians, Buddhists, Hindus and Sikhs or MCCBHS in short all these while!
Tun Dr. Mahathir was wrong in declaring Malaysia as an Islamic nation! I say it is not.
Malaysia may have a majority of Muslims living here but it is far from being an Islamic Nation in the context of what a Muslim nation should truely be.
I tell you supporters of the Article 11 Grouping to not have any unwarranted fears about Malaysia ever turning into a true blue Islamic Nation as you all have nightmares about!
My points are based on these :
- This country is not ruled according to the Shari’ah. Whatever rulings they impose on the Muslim population itself are not according to the laws of Shariah and the Hudud.
- The Shari’ah court doesn’t judge according to the true Laws of Islam found in the Holy Al Qur’an al Karim and per the Hadiths of The Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam. We all know that.
- Show me any couple who have been caught for Zina @ Adultery and judged according to the Islamic Laws pertaining to it!
- Show me any drunkard who has been punished according to the Hudud in this country!
- Show me an example of any Muslim who has been punished according to the Islamic Laws at any one time in this land and I will rest my case and stop speaking out against your ‘Article 11’ cause!
- Except for certain cases where the so called ‘Islamic Shari’ah courts have judged about the status of Islam on dead converts or in those cases where divorce took place as a result of a spouse embracing Islam and the children being forced to be Muslims or otherwise, this country is definitely not being ruled according to the true Islamic laws as stated in the Holy Qur’an and based upon the authentic Hadiths of the Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam.
- Have no fear dear fellow Malaysians especially those of you who are in the ‘Article 11’ group. This country is not an Islamic State or Nation. For if it were , all those sinspots in Bangsar, Jln Ampang, Jalan P.Ramlee, Genting Highlands Casino, The Guinness Brewery and Anchor Beer Breweries in PJ, all establishments that propagate the unlawful according to Islam’s Shari’ah Laws would have been long demolished and those of you who ‘Yam Seng’ as you please today in any part of this country would have long been stopped from doing so by the ‘Islamic Malaysian Government’! None has stopped any of you ‘enjoying’ yourselves so far, have they?
- Maybe , you might have been caught in the frequent police raids on entertainment spots where they come and screen you for drug abuse and search for illegal substances. That is done in all nations worldwide. It is an important anti drug trafficking measure that law enforcement authorities all over the world undertake to keep their respective nations in check and to avoid illicit narcotic traffickings!
- All those prostitution rings and anti vice busts done by the PDRM and the Religious Department authorities are part and parcel to curb social problems from breaking out in this country just like they do in the USA,UK and other countries of the world. That’s not even carried out as the rule in the Shari’ah. The prostitutes at most are just fined a paltry sum and let off. No Islamic punishments have been carried out on them and their pimps so far! Any of you know any special cases I missed?
- To drive yourself crazy and feel unnecessary fear is an act of insanity and I sincerely wish that none of you who are rooting for this useless cause will end up in the mental wards of this nation’s Tg.Rambutan’s Hospital Bahagia! What kind of a ‘bahagia’ is that? Looking scared and straightjacketed fearing a ‘mullah’ to pop out from the bushes as you walk around in fear of an ‘Islamic State’? Nahh…I truly wish each one of you remain rational! 🙂
- Until and unless PAS takes over this government, each one of you can sleep in peace. Really! The Barisan Nasional Government will never allow Islamic Laws to take precedence over your beloved Federal Constitution! ‘Potong Ayam’ O! Never will the present BN Government allow the Holy Qur’an to preside over you! I can guarantee you that! You know why! There’s so much goodies to be lost from being ‘enjoyed’ by those in power if they were to really, really follow God’s Laws in ruling over us !
- I don’t have to spell it out for you maa! You know, I know lah! ‘Tiam tiam kaw liao aa pengyu!’
You scare yourselves unnecessarily and fear the shadows on the wall! No one’s forcing you to be whatever you don’t wish to be. Whatever fears you conjure up in your minds are your own doings! The KERAJAAN MALAYSIA are not out to Islamicize you! No way! You are responsible for your own delusions and dementia. Not the BN Government.
I quote from the Article 11.Org ‘Open Letter’ :
“We, the undersigned, Malaysian men and women from all ethnic and faith backgrounds, are concerned about recent events and statements that undermine the supremacy of the Federal Constitution.
We wish to remind our national leaders that Article 4(1) emphatically declares that the Constitution is the supreme law of the Federation and that the oath of office of all parliamentarians, cabinet ministers and judges is singularly to defend the Constitution. Further, Article 3(1) of the Federal Constitution states that ‘Islam is the religion of the Federation; but other religions may be practised in peace and harmony in any part of the Federation‘.
Am I missing something here or are all those churches, temples, gurdwaras and whatever else just a figment of my imagination?
That Kek Lok Si Temple complex in Penang , just a Hollywood film set?
The Largest Sleeping Buddha in Asia located in PAS controlled state of Kelantan just a prop made for a TV drama?
The tallest statue of Murugan, the Hindu deity at Batu Caves just a temporary structure made of polyfoam and due to be disposed off soon by the ‘Islamic Government of Malaysia’?
C’mon lah people of ‘Article 11’ grouping! Stop scaring yourselves stupid! No one is stopping you from praying to whatever you wish to! Just live your lifes as everyone else and stop making a mountain out of a molehill!
The Federation of Malaya Constitutional Commission, 1956-57 Report, states that this Article ‘shall not imply that the State is not a secular State’. The Supreme Court decision in Che Omar Che Soh (1988) reaffirmed that “the law in this country is still what it is today, secular law”.
Yet, increasingly we hear claims that Malaysia is an Islamic state.”
I ask that this ‘Article 11’ thingy that you folks are unnecessarily stirring up and rocking the boat of this nation best be put to rest and you just carry on with your lifes.
Go learn a new language like Hanyu! 🙂 I can help you out in that. Or start a new hobby , that is so much more better for you and this nation. Stop trying to scare yourselves and everyone else in the process!
Over there in the Middle East, people are being being bombed to oblivion as I type this yet here we are scaring each other for no valid reasons. Don’t you folks know how to appreciate peace?
Get a life folks ! Before you lose it in …war ..as the Lebanese are finding out unfortunately.
Stop the forums. This time around, my vote goes to the PM. At least he made sense.