Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Ta’ala Wabarakatuh!
This greeting in Arabic means ‘ Peace be unto you with the Mercy of Allah the Most High, and His Blessings!’
What a nice greeting to receive, don’t you agree?
Today, people greet each other with ‘Hi!’ What’s up dog? Hey man! Whassup? …and other forms of greetings which are worth nothing and hardly a well-wishing, upon the one they are coming to face!
Which would you prefer ‘Peace be unto you’ which is a prayer wishing us well or ‘What’s up dog?’
I don’t know about you but I definitely would choose the first one.
Those who prefer to be called a dog; well, it’s their choice! …Here boy…come and get it…hehehe.
Jokes aside, I invite you to think for a moment why mankind all over the world are so worked up about Islam, a faith that is seeing millions and millions of people from all walks of life embrace it, even though the whole world today seems scared stiff of the ‘Moslem terrorists’ in the likes of Osama bin Laden, Ayman Al Zawahari, Abu Musa Al Zarqawi, Al Qaeda this and that!
All that is the result of an organised mass media orchestration to create an atmosphere of fear and uncertainty about a Faith so appealing to each and every human on Earth except for those who dislike it’s asking you to be a teetotaller –
- No smoking
- No gambling
- No alcohol
- No drugs
- No pork
- No adultery
- No cheating
- No lying
- No stealing
- No corruption
- No harming of yourself
- No to so many vile and destructive actions either to yourself, your spouse, your children, your families, neighbours, friends, your world
There are so many things that Islam forbids us from that to the uninformed person, Islam would come across as a bloody oppressive and no fun faith!
‘Damn those Moslems! They are so not cool!’ …a likely phrase uttered by those who prefer a hedonistic couldn’t care less lifestyle where everything and anything goes!
Such a lifestyle which is so rampant the world over especially in the Western countries like the USA, UK, Europe, Australia, etc….even countries in Asia and other parts of the world including the Middle East!!!
With the advent of the Internet, we now discover that even in so-called archaic Muslim nations, such hedonism thrives to an extent that would put the ‘cool ones’ to shame!
The reality is that luckily, the majority of the Muslims still are able to stem this tide of hedonistic lifestyle to a certain limit.
Malaysia, my country is a land where we almost border on a 50% Muslim and 50% Non-Muslim populace.
The official statistics show a 60-40 ratio where Muslims are in the majority but the country has been in relative peace except for one or two racial strife’s back in 1969 and later.
The official religion of Malaysia is Islam but Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism, and other ‘isms thrive as well.
Islam is the Way of Life that God Almighty, Allah the Most High has revealed to mankind starting from the very first human being and the Father of all mankind, the Prophet Adam (may peace be upon him).
From Prophet Adam (pbuh) down to various Prophets through Time like the Prophets Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and finally to Muhammad (May peace and blessings of Allah be upon them all), we Muslims carry on the tradition of worshipping only the One True God of us all, Allah the Most Compassionate, Most Merciful.
Watch this video first in order to at least, have a basic understanding about Islam. Presented by Syaikh Yusuf Estes, a former Catholic pastor.
Let me start by explaining about the Fundamentals of Islam.
Islam consists of two sets of Principles. Firstly, let us take a look at the Principles of Islam:
- Belief in Allah, God Almighty who created the entire Universes and all the Worlds.
- Belief in all the Angels of Allah @ Malaikats, invincible beings, created and commanded by Allah to oversee the entire Creation.
- Belief in all of Allah’s Prophets & Messengers to teach mankind the true faith of Islam. Each tribe and race of mankind before Muhammad (pbuh) had a Prophet sent to them. Muhammad (pbuh) was sent as the Final Messenger of Allah to the entire mankind, the Jinns (spiritual beings) and the entire Creation.
- Belief in the Holy Books and Scriptures of Allah sent down to the Messengers and Prophets.
- Belief that each and every human being will be resurrected by Allah in the Akhirat @ the Hereafter, that we will be judged according to our Deeds, that we will be rewarded or punished with Heaven or Hell, that we will live eternally in either of those two stations created by Allah the Most Just.
- Belief in Qada and Qadar @ Fate and Destiny, that each and everything takes place with the Will of Allah but also according to the choice that Allah has given us, mankind to be His Vicegerents @ Caliphs of the World.
I will follow up with a clear explanation about each of these principles and then write about the Principles of Iman @ Faith.
Seek and study about what Islam is and what it is not before coming to any conclusions about this birthright that God has given us all. Insya-Allah @ God Willing.
See you soon. Take care. Got to get ready for my Friday prayers.
Wassalamualaikum. Peace be unto you.